If you find yourself having to refund something that is already made into a receipt then you must issue a "Negative Invoice"
There are 2 ways to do this:
1. Negative Line item
- Create a new extra with a 0 value
- in the folio apply a discount to this extra with the correct amount
- refund the payment in equal amount
- create the invoice/receipt
Add discount to extra:
Refund the guest
2. Modify Room Price (Fastest Way)
You can simply modify the room price for the discount amount and we automatically create the negative line item.
- Edit the room booking price
- Negative line item created in folio
- Refund the guest
Warning: If you have any exclusive taxes or complicated tax setup test this method to see if correct before using in practice. For most tax setups with simple VAT it works well.